Monday, September 30, 2013

Apple has put out some amazing products in the past and the new IPhone 5s and 5c has recently entered the market.  The much anticipated arrival has sent a wave through the industry.  In the short time the phones have been out, sales have already impacted the market.  Though the decision to release two phones has been met with mixed results, the two phones already represent 1.36% of the market.  1.05% of all phones in America are already the iPhone 5s whereas the 5c makes up just .31%.  This isn't surprising as Apple has built a cult-like following since the first iPhone release years ago.  There are a great deal of people that like to stay up on every aspect of technology, I am not one of those people.  My phone is 4 years old, but i hope to get a new one for Christmas.  I just don't see the need for a new phone every year, especially when software updates for your mobile device are available every couple of months.  It actually upsets me to walk past a mom on the phone with her 10 year old daughter holding the exact same phone.  Soon the daughter will be posting selfies of her standing in front of her bathroom mirror.  I just don't see the need for our younger generation to have access to everything that a mobile device like an iPhone 5s offers.  I believe technology is an amazing thing, and I do enjoy the way it is advancing.  Products will only get more technological and i cannot wait to see what communication devices are like when I'm 40.  Just think about laying in your bed watching TV, when a hologram call pops up beside you and you answer it, interacting in a real time 3D conversation with someone who is miles away.  Hopefully in the next couple of decades my dreams will become reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment